The first vet was Dr. Montgomary who worked out of his house in the late 1940′s to the early 1950′s. In 1953, Dr. Art Roseberg moved to town and set up shop on Front Street, in the area of Dan’s Barbershop. In 1957, Dr. Jim Holter, moved to town and joined Dr. Roseberg. In 1959, Dr. Roseberg left Casselton and started a clinic in West Fargo. Dr. Dick Roth joined Dr. Holter in 1963. In the Spring of 1970 they built a new clinic on the south side of town where the present clinic is located. Dr. Mark Wieland joined Dr. Roth in 1980 and bought half of the practice in 1983. Dr. Dave Calderwood bought the other half of the practice in 1984. Dr. Brad Bartholomay joined the clinic in 1990 as the 3rd partner. In 1997 the clinic expanded adding more small animal exam and treatment area and remodeling the bovine and equine area. In 2005, the clinic added on another 20,000 sq feet expanding the small animal and equine surgical suite. In 2008, Dr. Laurie Huckle and Dr. Darin Peterson joined as partners, as did Dr. Trevor Bjerke, in 2012. To date, Casselton Veterinary Service, Inc. remains one of the largest clinics in North Dakota, and excels in providing both our large and small animal clients, with advanced medical treatment and services.
- Large Animals