Beginning at around age 7, your pet enters his or her senior years. During these years, pets often begin to develop diseases common to their senior human counterparts, such as diabetes, heart disease, endocrine disease and cancer.
These diseases can go unnoticed in their early stages, and if left undetected, can put your pet’s health at risk. Preventive health care becomes increasingly important as your pet ages.
The best approach to caring for your senior pet includes preventive testing so that:
- We can establish baseline blood work to serve as a comparison when changes occur
- We can identify existing health problems that aren’t detected through a physical exam alone
- We can monitor progress during treatment
Our recommendations for senior cats are:
- Senior wellness Exam
- Blood Panel (kidneys, liver, diabetes/sugar, hydration, protein, pancreas, tumor)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) (Anemia, Auto-Immune disorders, and tumor)
- T4 (thyroid function)
Our recommendations for senior dogs are:
- Senior Wellness Exam
- Blood Panel (kidneys, liver, diabetes/sugar, hydration, protein, pancreas, tumors)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) (Anemia, Auto-Immune disorders, tumors)
Package pricing is available; please call us 701-347-5496 to inquire about pricing and scheduling an appointment.