Skip to main content

Case Study

By April 5, 2017 Uncategorized

This is Tucker, a 6 year old adventurous and inquisitive Boston Terrier. Tucker lives on a farm with his family and one day his mom caught him eating a block of mouse poison. She immediately grabbed the package from Tucker and brought him and the package to the clinic right away.

Upon arrival, Tucker received a drug called Apomorphine intravenously to induce vomiting. After Tucker vomited several times, it was time for him to get activated charcoal. Activated charcoal is given orally to prevent the absorption of toxins and tends to be a very messy procedure. He was then given Vitamin K and placed on IV fluids overnight. Vitamin K is essential for normal blood clotting and helps to reverse the effects of rodenticides.

The next day Tucker was feeling much better and his blood work looked good. He was able to go home that day along with a prescription of Vitamin K to be given for a few weeks.

If your dog or cat ingests mouse or rat poison, call the clinic immediately. If possible, bring the packaging with you so we can help your pet recover as quickly as possible.


tucker 2




Leave a Reply